Saturday 20 December 2014

A simple day with 7. Christmas craft and lettuce seeds.

With a couple of extra children today, I dropped the plans I had to finish organising the girls room and playroom, and decided on some really basic Christmas craft instead.

This is our day.


Jack mowed the lawn for the first time, before Craig left to play cricket. He loved every minute of getting to do a much more grown up job. Meanwhile, the other 6 sat ready to get started on craft.


I decided on basic reproducibles as I didn't have much warning to get anything spectacular prepared. The kids loved it anyway.



After outside playtime, lunch and 'learning time' the kids watched a Christmas movie while Daisy slept. This gave me a chance to finish off a quilt, which I won't show here as it is a gift. I was so very excited to get it finished!

Next, all of the children worked on adding details to their own Christmas trees with wax crayons, followed by applying a green wash over the entire tree.





While the paintings were drying on the line, we planted our too-long-waiting tomato plants into a barrel. These were a gift from a neighbour of my grandmother. We also planted lettuce in a couple of long pots. I can't wait until they grow!



We don't have a watering can, but my mum was visiting and came to the rescue with an empty milk bottle. Jack fashioned the lid using scissors with some holes. Daisy was a big fan of our new watering can.


The craft was simple, we planted a few plants, a gift was finished off, children played happily and part of our lawn was mowed. All up, a non-perfect, fun and simple day.


Love holidays!

Jen.x

No comments:

Post a Comment