Sunday 7 June 2015

Winter on the beach. Sunset after buying snow gear!

We were considering a trip to the Gold Coast, Queensland, but have decided on a trip to the snow instead. This meant a big shop this afternoon with all five kids, buying (almost!!) everything we need.

As this is not the most exciting of adventures for children I promised them a visit to the beach on the way home. With Craig asleep after nightshift last night, it was a take-a-deep-breath-and-jump outing for me. As it turned out it was a great afternoon.

The photos are just from my iPhone, but I loved them so much I just had to share. Looking at them I can't help shaking my head in disbelief and thankfulness: I get to live a short drive from here. And it is still warm enough to walk the water's edge at sunset on the 7th day of winter. Yes, absolutely blessed.

And as usual after having my feet in the ocean, all of my worries have completely faded away leaving a smile on my face.

I hope you had a great Sunday too.x



















No comments:

Post a Comment