Sunday 14 June 2015

Daisy's 2nd birthday and party. Minimalist and slightly healthy.

Daisy turned two years old. I can hardly believe it! Surely it was yesterday I brought her home from the hospital. Now she is old enough to sit singing to herself, colouring in and asking for me to turn 'In the night garden' on at snack time.

Time really does fly by. I have learnt to really value and celebrate the moments: big and small. Once I hated birthdays and thought they were inconvenient. Now I realise that they are a gift that too many parents end up not receiving due to terrible circumstances. Our family is blessed. I am blessed. And so I choose to make a fuss of birthdays and smile and celebrate, and recognise the blessing it is to have an opportunity to do so.

In doing this I have also learnt to look at the important stuff, focus on that and let many of the unimportant details slide. Parties can in fact be simple. They can be inexpensive. It's just necessary to let go of some of the misconceptions that surround them. I will write about my simple formula for parties later. For now, here is Daisy's special day.

Stories in the early morning light.


Who is having a birthday today?!



All my little loves. And yes, they rarely wear matching pjs. Whatever helps them sleep!










Little lamb:)


A few siblings are also in love with Daisy's new dolly. Isabel: "how much could I pay you to make me a dolly like this? It's too long until my birthday." What a sweetie!


Writing on her own birthday card, just like mummy.


Nap time: must carry all the beloveds.







People singing 'Happy birthday' is a little scary. Thankfully siblings/friends were there to make it all okay.


Jack and Isabel helping Daisy to blow out her candles.











Present time.



Time for clean up.


Sneaking in a little block play before showers and bed. Henry: "quick mum, take a picture!"


Such a lovely day for everyone, especially Daisy. She has spent a lot of time now singing 'Happy birthday' to herself and pretending to blow out candles. Getting in some practice for next year.

 Below are some of the gifts I made her. I also made three dresses.




Jen.x

No comments:

Post a Comment