Saturday 23 May 2015

One slow Saturday with 5.

It's been a while since I posted some Saturday photos. I love to occasionally take notice and take photos of what is going on over a day, because I know I forget as the years pass. I can't quite remember exactly what I used to do when the first 3 were little as I don't have as many photos.

So here is today. I missed lots, but then I was cleaning and doing other necessary jobs part of the day too. All up I captured perhaps a quarter of the activities that went on.





Washing. Notice the hula hoop high in the tree? Don't ask.



A pattern cut out and sitting on top of the washing. Obviously more important than the washing;)



Someone busted getting too many extra biscuits! And note the baby gate is gone between the kitchen and dining room. No point having it when she can open the door to the study and make her way through to the kitchen.


Pokemon. Serious business.


My sewing:) My first attempt at putting elastic in the bobbin and sewing it in!


The view from my sewing desk. What a beautiful day!!!


The orchestra book (with CD). Daisy danced along.


So much riding with his new bike!


Craig took the kids (Lucy, Henry and Jack) on a bike ride before he had to leave.


Craig off to be interviewed at a Dad's conference. Questions on 'how to be a great dad'. I'm sure he nailed it. From there to afternoon shift at work.


Daisy laying on my bed for a nappy change before her nap. My bed was unmade, so still had the quilt I sleep under (that I made years ago) rather than our gorgeous new one (which is purely to make the room look nice).


Henry organised all his train equipment. This was a Lego table this morning. I can't keep up.



Quiet time for the kids: reading. And a movie.



Sylvanian animals are everywhere!



Because the table was already covered with activities, the study floor worked out much better apparently.


Waking up, still-sleepy girl. I completely love this bit.


Late lunch for Miss D.


She will do it herself, thank you very much! And Jack off on another ride.




Perfect afternoon.



They all helped to move more of the soil from where the garden bed used to be, to it's new home. Still a bit to go!



Muddy rollerblades. Were replaced with gumboots after encouragement.


More sewing.



Another present for Jack.


Fun with cousins.


Cockatoos flying overhead at dusk, as muddy children make their way inside for showers and dinner.


Pumpkin soup (well carrot, pumpkin, potato and sweet potato soup), which they all ate. Yay me! First time Lucy has chosen to eat pumpkin.


Right now, as I quickly add these photos and write a few sentences, they are playing 'what's the time Mr Wolf' to the bathroom to brush their teeth. Because just walking there would be far to boring and brushing-teeth-tip has been banned. As has hide-and-go-seek teeth brushing. BANNED.

Later: washing, work, clean up (oh so much!) and maybe some sewing and reading a magazine, while waiting for Craig to return (around midnight). There may be chocolate. And popcorn.



What was your Saturday like?

Jen.x

No comments:

Post a Comment