Wednesday 30 September 2015

Tulips, views and a dam. Holiday ideas shared.

The last day of September has turned out to be my favourite!

This is a photo journal of our day.

Bowral: Tulip time.

An hour away from home, we visited Bowral to see the mass planting of tulips and other flowers. It was a great spring outing. The kids were excited at first, but a few began to get bored, until suddenly someone found a lady beetle. They were entertained for a long time finding the cute little bugs, watching them crawl all over and eventually fly away.










Daisy refused to have a photo with the whole family: "only mummy." #loved 



 "Quick mum, take a picture!"






My sensory girl:)


"Give it to me!!!" The toddler anthem.





Bowral Lookout

A picnic, a short walk and a lookout. The "watch for sheer cliffs" signs scared me a bit, but we were fine.


"I want mummy hold my hand."



"We need this seat mum."


Otherwise known as the daddy-you-won't-hold-me hold. Bravo daddy. This is a tricky hold.





Our favourite of the day: Nepean Dam

What can I say, water will always win with me, and apparently my family also. There was more than one lesson in not climbing the dam walls. I love the pic of Craig giving Henry a lesson, while pointing to the walls and the sign. Straight after he tried to climb it. Then, many lessons later, he climbed a thick pipe NEXT TO the wall. New rule: anything bolted to the dam wall COUNTS as the dam wall. He always makes me laugh (while trying to act stern - what a challenge!!!) Jack found a stick, which came on the adventure with us. Not at all happy I wouldn't let him take the fashioned-into-a-spear stick home. Thank goodness it was a National Park: we can only take photos. We spent a long time here, for much of it alone. So amazingly beautiful!


Not the dam wall. Climbing allowed.


These are the dam walls. Lesson in action.







Because I rarely include photos of me.





No comments:

Post a Comment